Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

Poetry About Feet!

I found this poem printed out on the table by the Learning Commons (I think from Mme Weir's class who is studying poetry) and had to share it with you all:

Smelly Feet

Stinky feet, stinky toes
They smell so bad I hold my nose.
What is wrong with you today?
Can't you make the stench go away?
You haven't washed your feet in a week
I'll tell you again: they clearly reek.
Whenever you take off your shoes...
People flee and pray on pews!
We're praying that your stinky feet
Stop sending dogs running down the street.
Stinky feet, stinky toes
Your ignorance clearly shows.


Yes, I have smelly feet, I know
But your accusations are all-time low.
Whenever children run from me
They're running to a friend they see.
And just because my feet aren't clean
Doesn't give you reason to scream.
I realize that my feet smell
I promise soon I'll wash them well.
See? My listening skills will show
When I wash my feet...tomorrow.


Here is a couple more poems about feet:

My Feet

From the book The Aliens Have Landed at Our School!
My feet, my feet,
I love my feet.
I think they're great,
I think they're neat.
They're pretty, pink,
and picturesque.
They look so perfect
on my desk.
Unfortunately,
sad to tell,
they also have
a funny smell.
So though I'm fast,
and though I'm fleet,
and though at sports
I can't be beat,
no team will pick
me to compete,
because they always
smell defeat.
--Kenn Nesbitt


My feet are quite attached to me,
Yet seem so far away,
When I was just a little boy,
My feet were very close you see,
and never went astray,

Now their much more distant,
But whats that awful smell,
Emanating from below my waist,
is it something I just stepped in,
as I was rushing down the path,

I take my shoes and socks off,
I think I need a bath.
I run the water in the tub,
the stench I cannot stand.
Its coming from my glowing feet,
is a bucket close to hand.

I peg my nose, and dunk them in,
Its like an unexploded bomb.
My dogs rolled over on its back,
It really must be strong.

Extractor fan is working,
the air is nice and clear,
I'll try dunking them in
Good old Harpic
perhaps they'll disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment