Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

How to Make Sponge Toffee - Science!

I love the things my family and I take interest in during a day - lots of shared information, but also numerous questions.  AND the beauty of books and the internet is that we are able to find the answers to our questions.

Today I bought my kids a crunchie candy bar and we simply needed to know how it is made - check it out below.



A professional candy maker shares the process: This is a clip from "Watson's Chocolates factory in Tonawanda, Buffalo, USA  just a few days before Valentine's Day. Professional candy maker Gerry gives us an inside look at the complicated art of creating sponge candy, a chocolate-coverage crunchy confection unique to the Buffalo area." 

Here is a CBC video for how to make your own sponge toffee (ignore the opening ad!)


Sponge toffee recipe

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment